This is a use of rag head patchwork into the glasses bag, glasses bag in rows of triangular patchwork pattern in English called flying geese, where we directly in the paper pattern to complete the splicing, this splicing method is a little easier. Finished size → 6cm * 15cm
1. A4 paper limit, the paper sample is divided into two parts, so the splicing is also divided into two parts →
2. After the two parts are spliced together, trim the printing paper together with the head of the cloth along the dotted outline on the periphery of the paper pattern.
3. And then the two parts into a whole strip, pay attention to the two parts of the triangle in the same direction, and then you can tear off the back of the printing paper →
1. Cut a piece of auxiliary cotton and a piece of lining fabric that are slightly wider than the surface fabric, and lay them out in 3 layers.
2. Before quilting, the 3 layers of material should be positioned to prevent shifting. There are many ways to position the material, using pins, sparse seams, and so on. Here we will introduce another method, this method is suitable for large quilts, now as a drill, let you understand. First of all, as shown in the figure below, hand sewing needles are used to pin up 3 layers of material within a stitch length of 1 cm, leaving the thread at the end of the end of the thread →
3. Afterwards, across a distance (the length depends on the number and density of the required positioning points) and then an in and out of a small stitch, so that a small step by a big step will be required to locate the point of the sewing →
4. Then cut the thread in the middle of all the big steps.
5. so that each small stitch has a thread at both ends, pulling the two threads into a dead knot, so that the 3 layers of material will be firmly tied together will not be shifted, it is recommended that the positioning point is best left in the position of not needing to press the line →
6. Then quilting (pressing line), machine sewing or hand sewing and the location of the press line can be freely chosen, here the use of machine sewing, next to the center of the triangle of the three seams press line, the line is pressed in the bottom of the side of the side of the non-backward sewing (the lower side), this quilting method is called Ditch in English, the Japanese seem to be called the drop needle sew →
7. After pressing the thread along a triangle, you do not need to cut the thread, you can sew directly along the edge to the next triangle and start pressing again.
8. In this quilting method, you can hardly see the stitches on the front side (they are hidden in the seams), and the stitches on the back side are shown below. After all the threads have been pressed, trim the lining fabric and the secondary cotton according to the surface fabric.
How to make eyeglasses bag
1. Next, trim off a seam around the edge of the pocket, which should be piped rather than folded, as the original seam allowance will increase in length, so it's best to trim it off in order to align the pattern at the end.
2. The edges of the mouth of the bag are then piped, the piping is done by sewing the piping strips on the front side and then turning it over to the opposite side and folding the piping strips with a hand stitch.
3. Now, in the mouth of the bag down 5 triangles, the long strip of the opposite side of the fold, sparse sewing two side edges, the formation of the glasses bag →
4. Next, the edge of the glasses bag except the bottom edge for piping, for this kind of non-closed piping, the head and tail of the treatment is the key. The piping strip will be sewn in front of the glasses bag, the head and tail should be left a section turned to the back and sewed together, so that the bottom corner of the glasses bag can be wrapped and the piping strip can be folded at the ends →
5. Turn over and fold the piping strips inward as shown in the figure below →
6. Tighten the piping strip and sew it together from the bottom corner using a patchwork stitch→
7. Finally, pin the button in the appropriate place.