This is a canvas shopping bag that mimics a paper shopping bag, the style is simple and generous, and the main thing is that it is practical and easy to make! Chinese New Year is coming, making some of these bags as gift bags is also a great IDEA!
Fabric length = (height of bag x 2) + width of bag bottom + 6.5cm (width of two folded edges)
Width of fabric = width of bag + 2 seam allowances
1. Cut a piece of canvas fabric according to the size of the bag you need, here I cut 50cm x 25cm, it's a small bag and can only hold a few books.
2. To make, first fold both sides of the mouth of the bag, as shown in the figure below, first inward folded 0.7 cm, and then again inward folded about 2.5 centimeters, after the completion of the folded edges of the press line stitch →
3. Fold the fabric in half, mark both sides of the fold at the bottom of the bag, then measure 1/2 the width of the bottom of the bag upward from the fold, again marking both sides (including the layer below).
4. Fold the bottom part of the bag to the middle of the upper and lower layers along the marks, fix it with a bead pin, and then sew and lock the edges on both sides.
5. Turn the bag over to the front, and the bottom of both sides will appear as a triangle.
6. Finally, on each side of the mouth of the bag cut two symmetrical holes, through the rope into the rope knot on the end of the rope can be. The rope can be removed on top of an old paper bag, the kind of paper bag I think everyone can find several at home.