If you love spaghetti you are going to love this Instant Pot Spaghetti. It’s an easy one pot meal that puts dinner on the table in no time at all.
I do believe that one pot meals just might be my best friend. I think it’s because I’m a huge fan of less is more…especially when it comes to washing dishes! I love the fact that these type of meals allow you to do everything in one simple pot. From browning meat to cooking pasta…it can all be done in one pot aaaaand it turns out amazing aaaand it tastes delicious too!
You cannot beat the ease of a meal that’s messiest part is the dishes you serve it on, it’s what makes this another amazing dish in my Instant Pot Recipes Library!
To make this recipe you will need an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 15 mins
Total time - 20 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb dry spaghetti
24 oz jar pasta sauce
24 oz water
14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp basil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Press SAUTE on Instant Pot and when hot add the ground beef. Break apart and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Press the CANCEL button.
3. Break spaghetti in half and place in layers on top of ground beef mixture in a criss cross pattern. This help pasta from clumping together while cooking.
4. Add in diced tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
5. Add pasta sauce and then refill jar with water (24 oz) and add this into the Instant Pot too, making sure that all spaghetti is covered by liquid!
6. Lock lid, seal valve, and press the MANUAL button. Adjust the time to 8 minutes.
7. When pressure cooker is done cooking do a quick release by carefully opening the steam valve.
8. Stir spaghetti, meat, and sauce together.
I just love that you seriously only need one pot for this meal! Aaaaand I love that you don’t have to wait around to boil water before adding the pasta in and then waiting around again for that to cook!
You do everything from browning the beef in this pressure cooker, then you saute onions and garlic. Then add in that pasta, making sure to place it in layers criss crossing it to reduce clumping! Finally add in the pasta sauce, water, and diced tomatoes along with a few spices! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!