You will not believe how easy this Instant Pot Corned Beef is to make and how delicious it tastes! The entire meal including corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes can be made with minimal effort and time in your pressure cooker!
If you are the owner of a pressure cooker, you have got to try cooking your corned beef in it this St. Patrick’s Day…or really any day! I was actually talking to a few friends over the weekend that told me they make corned beef all year because their families really like it…what a novel idea! Corned Beef all year long, who would’ve thought it?!
The Instant Pot makes it extremely easy to cook this typically tough cut of beef quickly and it cuts out a good hour and half if you planned on speed cooking it in your crock pot on high which makes it another winner in my Instant Recipes archive!
To make this corned beef you will need and Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Make sure to follow the directions of your pressure cooker if you are not using an IP! You will also need a steam rack. Like I have mentioned before, I alway use my steamer basket because I like how it holds everything in place inside the insert. You will also need a good pair of tongs to pull out the corned beef and veggies!
Instant Pot Corned Beef Recipe
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 87 mins
Total time - 1 hour 32 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
2.5-3 lbs corned beef plus seasoning packet
1 can beef broth( or dark beer like Guinness)
1 head cabbage, cut into quarters
3-4 large carrots, cut into pieces
2 lbs small red potatoes
salt and pepper, optional
1. Place the corned beef in the bottom of your Instant Pot and sprinkle the seasoning packet over top.
2. Pour the beef broth or beer on top of the corned beef.
3. Lock the lid, close the steam valve and press MANUAL. Adjust time to 80 minutes.
4. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, carefully open the steam valve for a quick release.
5. Press CANCEL and unlock the lid.
6. Using a pair of tongs, remove the Corned Beef to a serving plate and cover with foil.
7. Insert the steam rack or steam basket into the Instant Pot base (keeping the liquid from cooking the corned beef inside)
8. Add in the cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.
9. Lock the lid, close the steam valve, and press MANUAL. Adjust the time to 7 minutes.
10. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, carefully open the steam valve for a quick release.
11. Press CANCEL and unlock the lid.
12. Remove the vegetables with tongs and add them to the serving platter.
13. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
This is another one of my favorite kinds of recipes, because it is literally a chop and drop recipe! Drop in that corned beef and sprinkle the seasoning packet over it. Then pour a can of beef broth or beer over top. Lock the lid, close the steam valve, and cook away!
When the corned beef is done, pull it out (leaving the liquid in the Instant Pot) and add in your chopped veggies! Lock the lid, close the steam valve and cook away again!
After 7 minutes all those veggies are nicely steamed!!!
And you will be eating this in no time at all!!