Friendship Hexagon Mini - traditional Friendship Star block.
Want to make your own Friendship Hexagon block? Here's a super easy tutorial to follow for a 12.5" unfinished block.
all seams are 1/4" unless otherwise noted
mini note: Want to make a mini block? Divide all of the measurements in half to create a 6 1/4" unfinished block!
1. Cut your fabric as follows:
Yellow (accent fabric) - one 7 1/4" square
Dark blue - one 7 1/4" squares
Medium blue - one 7 1/4" squares
Light blue (star) - one 7 1/4" square and one 4 1/2"
2. Pair one yellow square with one medium blue square and sew 1/4" all the way around. Repeat with one medium blue square and one dark blue square.
3. Bring your sewn pairs to your cutting table and make two diagonal cuts across the corners of each pair as shown below.
4. Press your new HSTs. I press with seams open, but do what works best for you here.
5. Trim your HSTs to a uniform 4 1/2".
6. Lay out your HSTs with your one remaining light blue square and sew together in rows to complete your block. Press well.