This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is comfort food in a bowl. Tender pieces of beef and noodles with mushroom and onion pieces drenched in the perfect sour cream sauce make this a winner every time.
If you are a fan of Beef Stroganoff, you are going to love how easy this recipe is to make in your pressure cooker and how delicious it tastes! No longer is this just a weekend dinner, you can now make it any day of the busy week and eat it in no time at all! It’s another one of my Instant Recipes found in my Recipes tab everyone in my family eats without complaining. And you know how much momma enjoys that!
To make this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff all you will need is an Instant Pot or other type of pressure cooker. Make sure to follow the directions of your pressure cooker if you are not using an IP!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 30 mins
Total time - 35 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1½ tsp salt, divided
2 lbs beef stew meat, in one inch cubes
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp thyme
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
3 cups chopped mushrooms
3 cups beef broth
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 12 oz package wide egg noodles
8 oz container sour cream
1. Turn on Instant Pot and press SAUTE button. Heat oil for 1 minute.
2. Add in onion and ½ tsp salt and cook and stir until onion softens, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Season beef with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, then add it to the Instant Pot
4. Cook and stir until beef is browned on all sides, about 3 minutes.
5. Add in garlic and thyme and cook for an additional minute.
6. Turn off Instant Pot by pressing the CANCEL button.
7. Add worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, and beef broth.
8. Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and lock it in place, closing the steam valve.
9. Press MANUAL and adjust the time for 10 minutes.
10. Once done cooking, release the steam using the quick release valve, and then unlock the lid.
11. Scoop ½ cup of the broth out of the Instant Pot and add the all-purpose flour to it and mix well with a whisk. Pour this mixture back in to the Instant Pot to help thicken up the sauce.
12. Add in the egg noodles and press the SAUTE button, adjust the time to 6 minutes and let the noodles cook.
13. Once the noodles are finished cooking, add in the sour cream and mix well. Let the Beef Stroganoff sit for 2 minutes before serving.
I love that in about 30 minutes you have this to eat for dinner!!!
If you aren’t a fan of egg noodles, you can omit them from the recipe and pour the beef stroganoff over mashed potatoes or even rice…you just cannot make those along with the sauce in your Instant Pot!