If you like soup with a whole lot of flavor, you are going to love this Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup. Bursting with tomatoes, corn, beans, and shredded chicken, this soup is perfect any time of the year and cooks up so quickly in your pressure cooker.
This is easily one of my favorite go-to soup recipes. I love that it is hearty, has lots of protein, plus it is full of vegetables and fiber. And if you are looking for a great dish to serve on Cinco de Mayo, look no further! It goes great with a beer or a margarita…just sayin!
This recipe has been a long time favorite of mine and it shows up in our family’s dinner rotation quite frequently because I feel like it is a perfectly well rounded meal.
A few quick notes!
- I love to use a bottle of beer for the liquid component in this recipe but if you don’t have any on hand/don’t like beer you can always use chicken stock. It still turns out just as delicious.
- I never buy store bought taco seasoning because it is super easy to make your own. If you are using homemade, add two heaping tablespoons in place of one taco seasoning packet.
- I like a bit of spice in my taco soup. I you do not I suggest using plain diced tomatoes (or cutting them up yourselves) instead of using the Rotel type with the green chiles added.
- If you really like spice (like me) add in some fresh jalapeño when serving up your bowl…sooooo good!
To make this chili you will need an Instant Pot or other type of pressure cooker of your choice. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions to your pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 8 mins
Total time - 13 mins
Recipe type: Soup
1 lb boneless, skinned chicken breasts
1 can no salt added corn, drained
1 can black beans
1 can light red kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 12oz bottle of beer (or 12 oz chicken broth)
1 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning or 2 heaping tbspDIY Taco Seasoning
1. Place all the above ingredients into your Instant Pot and mix well.
2. Lock the lid, close the steam valve, and press MANUAL. Adjust the time for 8 minutes.
3. When Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick release by carefully opening up the steam valve.
4. Unlock the lid and pull the chicken out and shred.
5. Place chicken back into Instant Pot and mix well.
6. **Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocados, or sliced jalapeños,
You cannot beat a quick soup that cooks up in just 8 minutes in your Instant Pot!
Thanks for stopping by today!