If you crave Thanksgiving all year round, then you will love this Instant Pot Chicken and Stuffing recipe. Moist chicken breast, flavorful stuffing, and fresh steamed green beans round out this delicious comfort dinner made right in your pressure cooker.
I know, I know…Thanksgiving is known for the turkey buuuut it tastes like chicken and for that reason, this dish is very reminiscent of Thanksgiving dinner with the stuffing and green beans all cooked in the same pot. Also, every time I make this dish I just happen to serve it up with cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes too…it’s my quick version of that all-day long turkey day meal!
If you’ve followed along with me here over the last several years, you will remember that I shared one of our favorite crockpot recipes called Thanksgiving Dinner in a Crockpot a while back. We absolutely looooove this meal and when I got my Instant Pot, I knew I had to be able to make it in it even faster than the crockpot. After toying around with the recipe a bit, I found some ratios that did the trick and made everything come out perfectly!
And on a side note, you can still make the crockpot version in your Instant Pot! Just use the slow cooker function if you desire a longer cook time!
To make this recipe you will need an Instant Pot. We have this one and I think it is perfect for our family of 6! Any other pressure cooker would surely do too, just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions!
Instant Pot Chicken and Stuffing
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 12 mins
Total time - 17 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
4-6 chicken breast (2-2.5 lbs)
1 cup water
1 6 oz box stuffing mix
¼ cup butter, melted
1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
salt and pepper
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
2. Add 1 cup of water to base of the Instant Pot.
3. Add chicken breasts, lock lid, close steam valve and press the POULTRY Button. Adjust time to 8 minutes for thawed chicken or 15 minutes for frozen.
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the stuffing mix, butter, and cream of chicken soup until well combined, set aside.
5. Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick release by carefully opening the steam valve
6. Unlock lid.
7. Place the stuffing on top of the chicken breasts and then place the green beans on top of the stuffing.
8. Lock the lid again, close the steam valve, and press the MANUAL button. Adjust the time for 4 minutes.
9. When the Instant Pot is done, do a quick release by carefully opening the steam valve.
10. Unlock the lid.
11. Plate your meal and enjoy!
I love that this meal cooks up so quickly! In less than 20 minutes you will have yourself an amazing full meal! Hooray!
And that includes veggies!! Just check out those perfectly steamed green beans! 🙂