If you love a good barbecue chicken sandwich, you are going to love this Instant Pot Shredded BBQ Chicken! And the best part is that only a handful of ingredients are needed to get this delicious meal on the table in no time at all.
Making chicken in my Instant Pot is probably one of the easiest ways for me to get a high protein dinner on the table quickly on a busy weeknight. And this recipe is one of the fastest, most delicious ways for me to make it. I mean, who doesn’t love a good barbecue chicken sandwich, loaded with shredded chicken, lots of zesty sauce, and some type of crunch topping like spice pickles, coleslaw, or raw red onion slices. We cannot get enough which makes it one of our favorite Instant Pot Recipes on my site.
If you are a fan of barbecue, you will definitely love this meal. It is the perfect messy bbq and because of that I highly recommend that you toast your buns! I also must ask that you try some coleslaw on top of this sandwich, it is the best way to eat it…I just love that crunch it gives to the sandwich!
To make this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff all you will need is an Instant Pot or other type of pressure cooker. Make sure to follow the directions of your pressure cooker if you are not using an IP!
Instant Pot Shredded BBQ Chicken
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 15 mins
Total time - 20 mins
3-4 large frozen chicken breasts
1 cup water
2 cups good BBQ sauce
½ cup Italian dressing
⅛ cup brown sugar
1. Place the chicken breasts in your Instant Pot and in a medium sized bowl add all the remaining ingredients and stir together. Pour them over the chicken breasts.
2. Lock the lid, making sure to close the steam valve.
3. Press the MANUAL button, adjust the time to 15 minutes and let the Instant Pot start.
4. When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, open the steam valve doing a quick release.
5. Unlock the lid and begin to shred the chicken.
6. Stir shredded chicken in the sauce until well combined and then serve on toasted buns.
You seriously cannot go wrong with this meal! I usually have to double it so we can have leftovers for lunch the next day. The recipe will feed my family of 6 with zero leftovers…can you believe that!