You are going to love this Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice recipe! Salmon fillets are marinated in a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce and then baked in your pressure cooker along with rice for a quick and healthy meal!
Salmon is one of my family’s favorite fish to eat and because of that we tend to eat it at least once a week. Which is why when I realized I could whip it up in my instant pot in just minutes…along with our rice side dish!…I was thrilled! I love anything that makes dinner prep quick and being able to cook my rice and salmon in one pot had me at hello! Just another reason that this is one of my favorite Instant Pot recipes you can find in my
You guys! One of my favorite ways to make salmon is to put it in a good marinade. And this Teriyaki marinade I’m sharing today is an awesome one! So delicious, quick to come together, and made with ingredients you know! I typically marinate my salmon for 30 minutes, then I thicken the remaining sauce up and pour it over top of the cooked fillets before serving for the most delicious salmon you are ever going to have!
Make sure that you are using thawed salmon in this recipe, due to the marinating you will want to thaw out any frozen fillets or use fresh if you have it. We live in the midwest so our salmon always tends to be flash frozen (no fresh salmon for us, wah wah) and wild caught is best if you can find it!
To make this Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice you will need an Instant Pot, we have this one which I love: Instant Pot. Any type of pressure cooker would work as well, just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice
Prep time - 40 mins
Cook time - 4 mins
Total time - 44 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
1 lb salmon fillets, thawed or fresh
¼ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
¼ cup water
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
green onions, sliced, optional
1 tbsp sesame seeds, optional
To make Rice:
2 cups basmati rice
2½ cups water
1. In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger and mix well.
2. Place ½ the sauce along with the salmon fillets in large plastic zippered bag, seal, and let sit for 30 minutes.
3. Place the remaining sauce in a small sauce pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch and mix well.
5. Add cornstarch slurry to the remaining sauce in the saucepan and simmer over low heat until thickened. About 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
6. In the base of the Instant Pot, add the rice and water. Place the instant pot trivet or a steamer basket on top of the rice and place a large piece of parchment paper on top, making a nest with it.
7. After 30 minutes, when salmon is ready to cook, place the fillets on top of the piece of parchment paper. The parchment paper will prevent dripping onto the rice.
8. Place the lid on the instant pot and lock, close the steam valve, and press the MANUAL button. Adjust the time to 4 minutes.
9. When the Instant Pot is done, remove the parchment paper with the salmon fillets and set aside.
10. Remove the trivet or steamer basket and fluff the rice.
11. Serve the teriyaki salmon with the teriyaki sauce you thickened and set aside earlier and place over rice. Add sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish if desired.
I’m telling you, this dinner is crazy easy to make and crazy good!
And if you don’t want to make the rice, you can totally leave it out. Just add one cup of water to the base of the instant pot and place the trivet or a steamer basket in the base of the pot so the parchment paper can go on top of it! Then just continue with the rest of the recipe.
In no time, you will have this delicious and healthy meal!! Enjoy!