These Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings have the perfect balance of garlicky goodness and parmesan cheese flavor. And because they cook up in the Instant Pot and are not fried, you can eat them without all the guilt!
I told you I’d be back with some more delicious Chicken Wing recipes for your pressure cooker! This is one of my Instant Pot Recipes that is another fan favorite in our house because it is neither sweet nor spicy. It’s just the right mix of cheese (parmesan…so it’s mild and yummy) with garlic and is mild enough for even the littlest eaters. These wings cook up quickly in the IP and then are broiled to get them just the right crispiness without having to fry them…hooray!
If you have ever had Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic wings sauce, you will definitely love this one! It is creamy and full of garlic and parmesan. I love making a batch of these wings with a batch of spicier/hotter sauce because eating one or two in between all that spice helps to give you a little break and cool your mouth off a bit!
To make these you will need and Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Make sure to follow the directions of your pressure cooker if you are not using an IP! You will also need a steam rack. Like I have mentioned before, I alway use my steamer basket because I like how it holds everything in place inside the insert. You will also need a good pair of tongs to pull out the wings once they are cooked and a baking sheet along with a wire cooling rack and some foil.
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 15 mins
Total time - 25 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
3-4 lbs chicken wings and/or drumettes, fresh or frozen
½ cup water
½ tsp salt
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Place steam rack in the insert of the Instant Pot, add ½ cup water to the bottom of the insert.
2. Place fresh or frozen chicken wings on the steam rack, season with salt.
3. Lock the Instant Pot lid and close the steam valve.
4. Press Manual button and adjust time to 5 minutes.
5. Make the Garlic Parmesan Sauce while the wings cook. (directions below)
6. When Instant Pot is done cooking, carefully release the steam valve for a quick release.
7. Using tongs, place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with ½ the Garlic Parmesan Sauce.
8. Using the tongs, lay the wings on top of a foil-lined baking sheet with wire rack on top.
9. Set oven to broil and move the rack to the top position so that the baking sheet will be close to the broiler.
10. Broil the wings for 5 minutes, using tongs flip the wings and broil for another 5 minutes.
11. Remove the wings and place back into the large bowl, add the rest of the sauce and coat well.
12. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery and carrot sticks.
To Make the Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and, using a whisk, mix until well combined.
Store in an airtight-container for 3-5 days
Once you cook up your wings in your Instant Pot, you are going to carefully place them into a bowl using a pair of tongs. Then pour half the sauce over top and mix well.
Then place the wings on a wire rack that is laying on top of a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes, then flip the wings and broil for another 5 minutes.
If you don’t have a broiler option with you oven, you can set your oven to 450 or 500 degrees and get a similar effect.
Once the wings are done, add them back to the bowl and pour the rest of the sauce over top, flip them to coat well.
I mean how amazing does this look!!!
And don’t forget to serve them with some celery and carrots and maybe a small bowl or two of ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce!