Your family will love this Instant Pot Chicken Marsala dinner made with tender chicken drenched in a creamy marsala wine sauce with mushrooms. This delicious meal is an easy one-pot Italian dinner that can be made in no time at all in your pressure cooker.
One of my husband’ favorite dishes is Chicken Marsala and, after over 18 years together, I’ve shared enough meals with him to say that it’s probably one of my favorite dishes too. If it’s on a menu when we are out to eat on a date night, one of us will always order it which makes us both happy campers! And now that I have a worked out a recipe to make it in my Instant Pot, we can eat it anytime we want and lightening fast too!
Chicken Marsala is one of those meals that my family eats and no leftovers will ever be found. I think it’s thanks to that marsala sauce. We also love to eat it with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower…that way you can get the most out of the marsala sauce because you know it’s the best part!!!
To make this recipe you will need an Instant Pot. We have this one and I think it is perfect for our family of 6! Any other pressure cooker would surely do too, just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions!
Instant Pot Chicken Marsala Recipes
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 30 mins
Total time - 35 mins
Recipe type: Main Course
4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 tbsp butter, divided
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup marsala cooking wine
¾ cup chicken stock
1 tbsp all-purpose flour (can be gluten free flour)
1. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and wait 3 minutes for it to heat up.
3. Add 2 tbsp butter and let melt.
4. Saute the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
6. Melt the remaining tbsp of butter in the IP.
7. Saute the mushrooms, shallot, and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
8. Press CANCEL.
9. Add the chicken back into the IP.
10. Add the marsala wine and chicken stock.
11. Lock the lid, close the steam valve, and press MANUAL. Adjust time to 8 minutes.
12. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, carefully open the steam valve to release the steam.
13. Remove the chicken to a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
14. Take 1 cup of the marsala sauce out whisk in 1 tbsp of flour.Then add the liquid back into the instant pot and stir together.
15. Press SAUTE button and let sauce simmer for 10 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
16. Add chicken back into sauce and coat well.
17. Serve chicken, mushrooms, and sauce with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
Yum! You cannot beat a delicious one-pot meal!!