Round fabric box with lid, made of 100% fabric, no need for paper pattern, you just need to know how to calculate the circumference to design your own fabric box!
1. This fabric box is mainly supported by a rigid fusible lining. First of all, you need to determine the diameter and height of the box, in this case, the box diameter of 9cm, height of 7cm, according to this size first to cut the bottom of the box required for the fusible webbing, 1 layer is too thin, we use 2 layers, the diameter of 9cm; diameter of 9cm of the circumference of the circumference of the length of about equal to 28.3cm, we come back to cut the length of 2 lengths of 28.3cm of the rigid fusible webbing used to do the box body, the width (i.e., the height of the box) customized, here 7cm The width (i.e. the height of the box) is customized, here it is 7cm, in order to make the mouth of the box more shapely, you can cut a slightly narrower piece of fusible webbing;
2. find the right size of the table cloth, respectively, the bottom and the body of the fusible lining ironed on the reverse side of the table cloth, pay attention to the fusible lining on the lower layer must be aligned, the box body of the half and the bottom of the 2 layer of the 3 edge alignment; ironing fusible lining should be ironed a layer and then added to the other layer of ironing, can not be stacked on top of each other ironing, which will hinder the transfer of heat; ironed in the fusible lining around the left a circle of the sewing share and then the table cloth will be trimmed neatly →
3. Next, lay a narrow strip of double-sided fusible webbing on the edge of the fusible webbing, fold the fabric inward along the edge of the fusible webbing, and iron to make the seam sealing.
Just fold 3 edges of the box, leaving a side→
4. Next, butt the two ends of the box together, with the folded-in side of the seam covering the other side of the seam, and hand-sew the box together using a hidden-needle stitch to form a cylinder.
5. Continue to sew the bottom of the box to the box body using a hidden-needle stitch, paying attention to sewing on the side of the 2-layer fusible lining; there are some difficulties in sewing here, and it is suggested that a ball of cloth can be inserted into the empty cylinder to support it, which will be much more convenient→
Making the inner core of the box
1. Inner core and shell production is basically the same, but the size to be slightly smaller, the inner core of the bottom diameter and height are shorter than the shell about 0.3 cm, and then calculate the corresponding circumference, according to the data obtained to cut the production of the inner core of the fusible interlining, where the fusible interlining can be used in less than one layer. Iron the fusible webbing onto the lining and trim it, then use double-sided fusible webbing to glue the seams together, without folding in the two sides of the inner core.
2. Unlike the outer shell, the inner core is facing outward, so we can first tear open some of the seams on the upper and lower sides of the box, and then pull the two sides together for sewing, and then separate the seams and fold the upper and lower edges into the iron.
3. Sewing the bottom of the box with a hidden stitch→
Nesting the inner and outer layers
1. Now, the inner and outer layers of the box have been done, before they are set together, now the shell of the joints on a band, the width of the band is about 1.5cm, the length of the band is about 4cm, half of it and the box body sewing, the other half of the other half of the stay with the lid sewing, so that the band like a hinge between the box body and the lid connected; in addition, in the band on the opposite side of the sewing on a buckle, the buckle position vertical center →
2. The inner core can now be inserted into the outer shell, and the inner and outer edges secured with a hidden stitch.
1. The diameter of the lid can be the same as the box, the lid is divided into the top and bottom, the bottom is slightly smaller than the top, in order to make the lid more plump, we added auxiliary cotton (themselves and the same as the bonded liner); the bottom of the lid and the bottom of the box is the same, the center ironed on the bonded liner will be folded around the perimeter of the sewing portion of the inside with a double-sided bonding adhesive liner to adhere to the →
2. The top of the cover is made like a sandwich, the auxiliary cotton is close to the table cloth, if the auxiliary cotton is not adhesive, you can cut a piece of thin single-sided non-woven fusible interlining of the same size as the table cloth and cover the auxiliary cotton, iron the edges to make it stick to the table cloth, so that the auxiliary cotton is sandwiched in the middle, and then iron two layers of fusible interlining on top of it in turn.
Then, using a hand sewing needle, sew around the edges of the fabric, tighten the thread so that the seam folds naturally and trim off any small, raised pleats. Finally, cut a piece of rubber band about 10cm long and fold it in half and sew it onto the fusible lining as a fastener for the box.
3. Sew the rubber band right across the box and the other half of the tape that grows out of the box.
4. Finally, cover the bottom of the lid and secure the edges with a hidden stitch.