Japanese Sakura Bag (A Shin Bag) - Drawstring Bag Making Tutorial
The popularity of a long time a drawstring bag, has a very beautiful name "cherry blossom bag", many people will do, if you have not yet tried to hurry to see the tutorial!
How to make
1. Select two pieces of fabric in matching colors, cut into squares of the same size, in this case, the length of the square is 50cm, 1/4 meter fabric is just enough for a piece of →
2. Sew the two pieces of fabric together with the front side facing inward, leaving a seam allowance of about 5cm, turn out the front seam allowance and iron the edges flat.
3. Fold the sewn square along the diagonal and divide the diagonal into three equal parts, draw a line perpendicular to the diagonal at the equal parts, and then sew the two straight lines together from top to bottom.
4. Fold the outer triangle as shown in the figure below.
5. The other side of the triangle is also the same folded into the folded into the two corners in the middle of the meeting, with a hand sewing needle will be the two corners and fixed in the bottom of the main body of the bag, and in the above embellished with fabric flowers or other ornaments; sewing the two ends of the corner of the folded to the back of the middle of the sewing and decorating →
How to make a rolled-up flower
These rolled fabric flowers are the most common decoration on cherry blossom bags, and are also used as headbands and other embellishments!
1. Cut 6 pieces of 7cm square fabric, in fact, the number of pieces (the number of petals) and the length of the side you can control, the larger the square, the more petals you need →
2. Start folding the petals. First, fold the square inward along the diagonal, opposite side→
3. Fold the corners of the ends to the bottom corners to form a square, and then turn it over.
4. Fold the two raw edges to the center and apply a little glue or hot melt adhesive to the top, then fold and pinch so that the raw edges are wrapped around the center. A petal is then folded.
5. Trim off the sharp corners of the petals→
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make all the petals, and then connect them with a hand sewing needle to form a flower.
7. Cut a piece of non-woven fabric and glue it to the bottom of the flower to make a receptacle, and finally sew a wrapped button or bead in the center of the flower to make an embellishment.