How to Make a Half Round Zipper Pouch with Pinch Pleats. Finished size → 15cm x 10.5cm
1. Cut the fabric required for the surface of the bag according to the paper pattern, note that the rectangle of the paper pattern is 1/2 length, and the actual cut piece of fabric needs to be twice its length.
2. Pleats are placed on both sides of the rectangular piece of cloth, and the pleats are inverted in the middle. The shaded part of the pattern indicates the width to be folded. You can use scissors to cut the small teeth with reference to the pattern in advance to make a mark→
Expand the pleats in the middle and fold them into two layers to see, the rectangular fabric becomes a U-shaped→
3. Now sew the 2 pieces of semi-circular fabric that have been cut in advance and the two edges that have been pleated→
4. After sewing, press a circle of decorative thread on the front, and add some small embellishments in the middle area of the front and back, if it is embroidery, the correct method should be done before sewing (preferably before cutting), not at a later stage, as in my case.
5. According to the paper pattern, cut 2 pieces of lining fabric and auxiliary cotton, paste them together and sew the bottom of the curved line; then cut the zipper into 12 cm length, and wrap the two ends with the head of the cloth; in addition, we also need to make a small belt as shown in the figure below.
6. Fold and sew the small strap to the side of the front of the lining, and then sew the zipper to the lining as well, in the following position and direction.
7. Next, the inner and outer layers of the bag are combined by folding the edges of the outer layer twice to the inside at a width of 0.7 cm and ironing them flat.
8. Stuff the lining into the tablecloth, with the center of the side edges aligned, the folded edge of the tablecloth covering the edges of the lining and the zipper, and complete the stitching with a hand sewing needle.
9. Press a further line around the edge of the opening→
10. Finally, make a strap about 28 centimeters long, attach a clasp and sew it together to give the bag a removable strap.