No Sew ruffle flower embellishment... One of my favorite crafts we did a few years ago was to decorate a tote bag. We cut out fabric and used wonder under to attach it to the bag. they were super cute.
This year we brought back the bag idea but did it a little different. we made fabric ruffles and used fabric paint pens
I made a tutorial for you today...
glue gun / glue sticks
circle template (can free hand)
1. trace (or free hand) a circle onto your bag
2. circle on bag
3. cut fabric into strips. I made mine about 1 1/4"
4. add a strip of glue about 3-4 inches along the line of your circle
5. start scrunching your fabric on the glue line, be careful as the glue is hot
6. add another 3-4 inch line of glue and continue scrunching the strip of fabric. when you get to the end of a strip just overlap the ends and keep scrunching.
7. when you get to the end of the outer circle you need to continue your circle about 1/2 inch below. I drew a pen line so you could see where i continue my circle. Keep moving your circle 1/2 inch in until you reach the end.
8. You can either just finish your flower by closing up the center with the ruffles or add a button.
Makes the perfect gift.