What you will need:
Outer pink fabric: 7.75” x 24.75”
Outer roof check: 7.75” x 24.75”
Circle bottom: approx. 8” x 8”
Lining: 14.75” x 24.75”
Scraps for door and windows
DOWNLOAD House Pouch Pattern
Note: I have modified the lining pattern and the roof size after sewing mine out...As well as how to sew the door and windows, I don’t really like the applique style using zig zag stitch
1. cut out your pattern pieces, I cut out the circle and placed my circle cutter in the center and adjusted the knife accordingly
2. Gather all of your pieces together. Due to careless cutting, I ended up with 2 pieces of the body which I had to sew together to make up the whole length
3. With right sides together, stitch the roof and the house body together
4. Then top stitch the joins
5. cut 2 fabrics each for the door, and the 2 windows, then stitch together with right sides facing together, leaving a little gap for turning. Then slip stitch the opening. I didn’t do this, instead I used zig zag stitch to applique.
once you’ve got your door and windows done, place them on the house body and stitch the door to the pink fabric on one side of the door, so that it can be “open”.
6. Stitch the side together and mark the stopping point on the roof (1.5” from 0.375” seam)
7. Fold the edges of the roof (see pattern) and stitch around it
8. Do the same for the lining, then with right sides together, stitch the top of the pouch together, leaving a little gap for turning.
9. Top stitch the top of the roof, then stitch around 1.5” away from the top and insert your ribbon of choice.