Creating DIY Folk Talisman Doll with a Candy
We all love to give and receive gifts, especially something sweet. And I decided to show you how to create a souvenir doll — a Girl with a Candy that is based on protective folk doll called stolbushka (like a 'post', 'column').
- little birch post 12-14 cm, diameter about 2.5 cm
- two-ply cloth, with the width equal to the width of the birch post, the length about a meter
- cotton wool as filler
- linen flap 20*20 cm, linen strip for palms 2.5*10 cm
- cotton fabric for dress 10*30 cm — some pieces for a multi-layer look
- cotton fabric for shirt 15*20 cm for the base, 10*10 cm for one sleeve
- flax fiber for hairdress with braids
- cotton fabric for shawl — half a square 30*30 cm, diagonally
- cotton triangle cloth for ochipok — half a square 15*15 cm, diagonally
- cotton cloth for wrapping the candy, size 5*5cm
- cotton lace for decorative elements
- beads: red, berry-like, as the candy is with berry filling
- various buttons, charms, beads for bedecking
- cotton yarn
- wool blend yarn
- strong thread
I lay the hair only on the visible part of the head seen from under the shawl.
Iron the top edge of the ochipok at 1-1.5 cm:
All his provides the necessary fullness.