• Pierrot Yarns Heat+ [100% polyester; 113 yds/103m per 1.41 oz./40g cone];
• version A (knit): color #04 lemon yellow, 2 cones [65g]
• version B (crochet): color #02 salmon, 3 cones [85g]
• version A (knit):
• 5.7mm (approx. US 9) knitting needles or size necessary to achieve gauge
• both versions:
• 3.5mm (US E) crochet hook or size necessary to achieve gauge
• 1 zipper (20cm/7.87") per pouch
• cardboard (for blocking)
• sewing thread in matching color
• sewing needle
• width 8.5cm/3.35"
• length 15cm/5.91"
• heighth 8.5cm/3.35"
Gauge (10cm/4" square):
• single crochet (US) stitch: 28 sts and 34.5 rows
• reverse stockinette stitch: 19 sts and 26.5 rows
※Note: stitch counts given here for crochet foundation chains do not include any chain sts needed for turning posts.
With 2 strands of yarn held together, work crochet chain cast-on method. Continue in reverse stockinette stitch. Bind off on knit side. Place markers at sides where indicated to aid in folding pouch during finishing.
With one strand of yarn, work foundation chain to begin. Work in sc. Place markers at sides where indicated to aid in folding pouch during finishing.
With dry iron, block into shape from wrong side. Apply steam iron to cast-on and bind-off edges until they harden, then sew zipper in place. Create cardboard dummy (see finishing schematics) to aid in blocking. Insert cardboard dummy into pouch so that right side of fabric is facing out. Block from right side with steam iron. Finish ends of pouch by folding and seaming as indicated. Apply steam iron to right side again until fabric is stiffened.
BO = bind off
ch = chain
CO = cast on
pm = place marker
sc = single crochet (US)
st st = stockinette stitch
Body of pouch